Monday, August 2, 2010

She Rises Also While It Is Still Night, And Gives Food To Her Household...

The "Proverbs 31 Woman" is my role-model.
I want to be like her. That means I must be responsible for what my family eats.

Recently, by chance, I read an article by Mike Pearl on their "No Greater Joy" website and somewhere along the way a woman posted a comment about eating meat. She had heard about the Seventh-Day Adventists belief concerning eating meat and was interested in Vegetarianism.

Mike's response to her was harsh, adament, and very strongly opposed from a Biblical stand-point. Among the points he made, he presented the "new" (to me) idea that, just like any other way of thinking, the world has also infiltrated and greatly influenced nutrition "doctrine."

I had been wondering how much I agreed with "modern nutrition" as regards whether fat is healthy or not, anyway, and so I decided I really needed to look into the matter thoroughly. Not just fat, but Nutrition as a whole.

I was visiting my Grandparents last weekend and my grandma voiced an interest in "going Vegan." This added ample fuel to my already-lit fire and when she went to Barnes and Noble in quest of a Vegan book, I determined to find a book on Nutrition that was "different" from what the media proclaims "healthy."

I succeeded. I found a cookbook titled, "Nourishing Traditions" by Sally Fallon. Fairly flying in the face of the FDA, government, and medical industries at once, Sally puts forth the terrifying truth that "nobody" is telling the public the truth when it comes to nutrition.

Research showing that saturated fats cause heart disease are false. Not only do Saturated fats NOT cause heart disease, but a diet lacking in saturated fats is PROVEN to cause not only heart problems, but a plethera of disease and eventual fatality.

The idea that vegetable oils are healthier than naturally solid animal and vegetable fats, is merely the product of an industry designed with one purpose: to make money. Vegetable and seed oils, not because of their oil properties, but through the processes that their oils are obtained are not only unhealthy; they are lethal. The process required to extrapolate the oil of seeds and most vegetables not only turns the oil rancid, but actually involves ADDING LETHAL TOXINS.

Hearing all of this "heretical" information was certainly a shock to me. It has entirely changed my perspective of nutrition and healthy diet. But making changes, especially radical ones, is a very hard thing. It's a slow process. I aim to eventually eat only organic foods; raw (unpasteurized) dairy products; organically fed and free-range meat and chickens' eggs; and only natural sweeteners.

If anyone is wanting to look into truthfully healthy nutrition, I highly recommend the book, "Nourishing Traditions" by Sally Fallon. I also recommend visiting the website, westonprice.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment