Thursday, August 12, 2010

Faith Like A Mustard Seed

Periodically I come to the realization that I have that sort of faith. The faith like a mustard seed. Pretty tiny. But God says that with that faith you can move mountains. That seems amazing to me. Maybe I DON'T have the faith of a mustard seed... maybe it's more like, faith like a microbial organism.

But even so... I stand amazed, time and again, at God's working in my life, through my tiny, helpless little faith. That God can take something that is so limp and useless and cause His wonders to happen in my life nonetheless, is nothing short of miraculous.

My standard modus operandi is 1) To be reading and seeking God's will in my life and trying to live it. 2) Then I come to some crossroad in my life where I can't make whatever it is happen in my life and must wait on the Lord in some way. 3) I Say to myself, "I must trust in God in this matter, only He can solve it." 4) Immediately start fretting and becoming anxious as I battle trying to trust the Lord of All... 5) Stand, astounded, at God's final word in the matter, watching His orchestration in my life as He miraculously causes His will to glorify Himself through my life. 6) Kick myself in the pants for ever having fretted in the first place.

I'd just like to tell everyone who ever reads this blog, that, "My parents are amazing." I don't give them the credit they deserve and I love them very very, extraordinarily, much. They REALLY DO have my best interests at heart, and they love me. I don't know why I find this all so hard to see and/or believe sometimes, but there you have it. Kicking myself, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment