Saturday, July 6, 2013

My "Charmed" LIfe

Sometimes I get the feeling that I give off the aura of a "charmed life." That people don't realize I have had lots of struggles in my life and only by the grace of God and lots of people praying for me am I where I'm at. I haven't gone through what many people have gone through... but it's still been a battle to get to where I'm at. I'm happy I've gone through it and I'm thankful that God brought me through it to the relationship I have with Him now and that He will continue to take me through many more battles in order to perfect my faith and patience. I know from what I have experienced that I'm glad I don't know what I don't know. I used to think that because I have been a Christian all my life that I didn't have much of a testimony. But I know that each person has to make their relationship with God their own and it takes hard work, tears and lots of frustration to get there - to where it's genuine. I used to regret my mistakes but now I thank God for each and every thing, even the mess-ups, because it's taught me how much I can depend on God and how much I can't depend on myself. It's taught me that God never lies and He keeps every promise He made in the Bible. It's taught me to trust in Him when I can't fathom where the road is going that I'm on. It's taught me that whatever happens in my life, even the stuff that feels like it will rip my heart out, isn't happening by chance or for the fun of it or because God doesn't care. It's happening because God is allowing it to happen. Maybe what's happening is because of the fallen state of the world and mankind but God is still going to use it to His glory and for my well-being. I can trust Him even when I can't see how it could possibly work out. I can trust Him to change my attitude when I'm the one getting in my own way. I can trust Him. That's how come I can give off the aura of a charmed life. Not because my life is perfect, or better than anyone else's but because God takes the bad and makes it good. It's definitely a work in progress. I have lots of attitude deficiencies but if I allow Him to, God will rub off all those jagged edges until my character shines like a rock that's been in the tumbler. It's not easy, it's painful. But the outcome is so much more beautiful than if He were to leave me in the hard, jaggedy, colorless shell I started out with. I thank Him for His constant faithfulness, His abiding love, His patience and His perseverance.

1 comment:

  1. Well... apparently settings have changed in the year or so since my last post... not too unimaginable, I suppose. I tried everything I could think of to create paragraph breaks, including double spacing a break between lines as well as indenting ever paragraph... even both together!!! All to no avail...
    So, dear readers, as you read this post, please imagine reasonable breaks as you will... and forgive the run-on paragraph!

    ReplyDelete